Monday, November 06, 2006

Why Am I Blogging?

I've been writing for as long as I can remember. I've written stories, poems, dramatic pieces, novels - you name it, I've written it. Have I been published? Yes, I have. I've had several poems published and I've had nearly a dozen dramatic pieces published in various church drama publications. I was once watching a church service on t.v. from a church in another state and saw that they were performing a piece that I had written! Talk about a rush!

So what do I write about? Pretty much everything, but most of it - aside from the novels - is based in my real life. I've been a teacher since 1990 and, boy, can kids give you a lot of material! Funny, sad, heartbreaking, thought-provoking...kids can really put things into perspective for you. I've often been humbled in the presence of children who have already endured and seen more than they should and more than I ever will.

Since I now have children of my own, I have an added source of material. Michael and I have been blessed with two children, Christopher and Elizabeth, who are good-natured, funny, and sweet. They both make me laugh every day.

I am also a "weird magnet." Strange and funny things things just happen to me and around me all the time. Michael says they probably happen to everybody, but I just take the time to notice them. Maybe that's true.

So this is my blog. I have so many stories and "happenings" that I just need to record somewhere before they leave me. So come often and laugh with me and cry with me and see my heart.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

You know...I've ALWAYS enjoyed your "wiered happenings"!! It's made my life very interesting and has given me stories to tell. I still remember when we were in high school, leaning over your Mom's bar in the kitchen and her telling us about strange and unexplainable stories!! Can't wait to here some new ones! Love ya!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home