Friday, January 19, 2007

He's in Control

I have a framed print on my desk at school that says, "Felicia - trust me. I have everything under control. Jesus"

I don't know why I can't remember that more often. I don't know why I get so worried about things and think that I have to control everything to make it work right.

He has everything under control.

When my days are spinning dizzily from misbehaving students, overly-demanding parents, too many stacks of ungraded papers, uncoming evaluations, and worries about my own family, I just need to remember to let go.

Let go and remember that God was here long before I arrived and He'll be here long after I'm gone. He created this entire world, and although we have corrupted it and misused and abused it, He's still there and everything is still under His control.

This God who created the world and who watches over everyone and everything in it, still loves and cares for me. When my world becomes too big for me to rise above, He reminds me that nothing is too big for Him.

And I'm not so insignificant that He doesn't care about me.

He has everything under control.

Whew! What a relief!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

It's so hard to remember this isn't it. I can remember the first time I found the verse, Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." I was an adult and was amazed! This...THIS verse was written specifically for me...Carla. I read it over and over. I couldn't believe that God had laid it out so straight forward....that we are not to worry about anything, but pray about everything.

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home